Skip to content
There is so much value built into the pet yoga mat and it has so many real-life applications...
- Dogs may think the yoga mat is a comfy place to hang out and settle in for Savasana — the ultimate relaxation pose.
- Cats may play, stretch, scratch, meditate & take a catnap on the mat. Cats often use it as a scratchpad to sharpen their claws so there may be claw-induced damage ...but that’s what it’s for! And it can help save your carpet & furniture.
- Set up their yoga mat next to yours. Doing yoga next to your pet or doing gentle stretches with some pets can be great for bonding.
- Use the mat for Dog Yoga (“Doga”), Cat Yoga, Bunny Yoga or other animal yoga classes. Adding animals to yoga classes just makes it more fun! You can find more info on PET YOGA here
- Give them another option for a resting spot other than their bed. Let’s face it — most pets change their minds & rotate spots on a daily basis ...especially cats!
- Many pets like to lay in spots that are naturally cooling (especially thick-haired or long-haired dogs & cats) & the yoga mat makes a nice place for them to chill out.
- Great on hotter days outdoors! Use it outside in a shaded spot to help your pet stay cooler. Great for camping trips!
- The mat is water resistant & messes can be wiped up easily!
- Take it with you to a friend or family’s house for a quick & easy safe space for your pet ...easier to travel with than a pet bed!
- Be sure to pack it when staying in hotels with your pet.
- Roll it out in your vehicle to save your seats from muddy paws or getting scratched from pet feet ...especially when going around curves!
Make vet trips or other travel less traumatic events by bringing along their familiar, comforting yoga mat.
- Place it in pet carriers so your pet will have better footing & won’t slide around as much ...especially cats.
Help your pet’s comfort by lining the bottom of their crate, kennel, pet stroller, wagon or shopping cart with their yoga mat.
- Lay it on the sofa, their favorite chair, a desk or other favorite spot to help protect furniture.
- Bring it aboard boats for a non-slip surface for your pet.
- Carry it with you when traveling with your pet, service animal, therapy animal or emotional support animal so they can stand / sit / lay on it instead of the floor or to protect seats in public spaces (planes, buses, vehicles, etc.).
- Take it with you to the vet or groomers so your pet can stand / sit / lay on it instead of waiting room floors, cold examination tables or those large slippery metal dog scales. (The scale can be calibrated after placing the yoga mat on it.)
- The vet may be able to turn your pet around easier during examinations by turning the mat your pet is laying on.
- The non-slip, textured surface can help when administering pet meds, cleaning ears or clipping nails.
Help older pets or those with weaker hind legs, injuries or other special conditions feel more steady & secure on slick floors as they can get more traction on the textured, cushioned yoga mat. The extra thickness of the mat can also help to protect their knees & joints.
Dog trainers often use yoga mats for dog obedience training. For training purposes, the mat can act as a a designated spot for dogs to await commands. Dogs can also choose when they have had enough training by exiting their mat.
- Our smaller yoga mats are also helpful when doing yoga outdoors or for teachers holding class outside. Great for setting up next to your mat & using it to place your personal belongings on (purse, phone, keys, water bottle, etc.) to shield from beach sand, grass, dirt, etc.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.